When I got my RS7K it was in pretty bad condition. Full of dust inside, wonky knobs and encoders, most of the buttons not working on the first hit.
So I decided to give my RS an complete overhaul. So far the plan is as:
- Replacing all knobs
- Replacing all encoders
- Check for faulty caps and replace them if needed
- max out the sampling memory to 64 MB
- add an internal SCSI-2-SD-Card Adapter as an hard drive replacement
- (optional) replace some LEDs with different Colors
- (optional) replacing the red 7 segement display with a white one.
- (optional) getting a new front plate labeling from Slick..., but this would be a repaint / spray job as well
I'll keep you updated.